Outlook unlicensed messages
If your Microsoft Office activation fails, then you will be shown Outlook unlicensed messages. When this happens, most features of the Office products are disabled. To restore all the features, you will have to fix the underlying issues resulting in the problem.
By following these simple steps, you can get rid of the issues bothering you while using Office Outlook.
Sign in to Microsoft Office with the right account
If Microsoft Office prompts you to sign in and then enter the account you use to buy Office. If you enter the wrong address, you will be shown the message, “We couldn’t find any Office products”. To check if your Microsoft account is linked with Office or not, you need to sign in to Services & Subscriptions. Your Office product subscription would be listed there.
Check for multiple copies of Office
Sometimes you may not realize it if you have more than a copy of Office installed on your device. If you have two installations, then it can result in activation conflicts. You need to uninstall any one version of Office you are not using to troubleshoot the problem of Outlook unlicensed messages. Follow these simple steps mentioned below to uninstall the version.
Solution Steps for Unlicensed Error :
Step 1: Open Control Panel>Programs and Features
Step 2: Select the program you wish to uninstall from the list and hit the uninstall button
Check your subscription status
If your subscription to Microsoft Office has expired, you will be notified about it with this message, “We couldn’t find any Office products”.
If you are still facing issues while using Outlook, then you can seek additional troubleshooting help. The troubleshooting function can be accessed from the Microsoft Website while you can select your version of MS Office.
If you are using Office 365, you can follow these simple steps.
- You need to find the Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365 and choose the Download button
- From the drop-down menu of the list of web browsers, select your preferred browser
- A dialog box will appear that says Application Install. Click on the Install button and proceed to the next step
- You need to agree to the Microsoft Service Agreement and then select Yes to allow the app to make changes to your device
- Follow the troubleshooting prompts to identify the issues.